2023 DETROIT LIONS FREE AGENCY, OFFSEASON TRACKER: LATEST SIGNINGS, TRADES
With the NFL Combine in the rear-view mirror, it’s time for teams to start focusing on free agency. The negotiating period will begin at noon on Monday, March 13, but the action is already underway
Teams, including the Detroit Lions, have begun releasing some players to put themselves in salary cap position for free agency, and some have already started re-signing their own. The Lions will soon follow suit, as they are expected to bring back several players on expiring contracts.
For the entire offseason, we’ll be tracking all of the Lions’ moves: releases, trades, signings, and everything in between. This page will be an all-encompassing resource, with links back to each written story on the transactions, but also have valuable information like contract details, and which players still remain unsigned.
Plus, this always serves as a good barometer of how the Lions did in each offseason. You can look back at the 2022 Lions offseason tracker or 2021 tracker and easily tell which moves turned out to be good ones, and which ones turned out to be a mistake.
As a side note, this page will only be for confirmed transactions. Once we get closer to the start of free agency, we’ll have a separate post tracking the latest news and rumors.
Without further ado, here is the 2023 version of the Detroit Lions free agency/offseason tracker.
Signed by the Lions
- CB Mac McCain — Signed 1-year, $870,000 deal prior to free agency
- CB Cameron Sutton — Signed 3-year, $33M deal (contract details, roster impact, instant analysis, grade, 5 questions, Steelers Twitter reaction)
- CB Emmanuel Moseley — Signed 1-year, $6M deal (roster impact, analysis/poll, national grades, 5 questions, 49ers Twitter reaction, contract details)
- RB David Montgomery — Signed 3-year, $18M deal (contract details, roster impact, grade, national grades, approval poll, 5 questions, highlights, Bears Twitter reaction, press conference)
- IOL Graham Glasgow — Signed a 1 year, worth up to $4.5M deal (Roster impact, Mid-week mailbag podcast from February, What went wrong in Denver?)
- DB C.J. Gardner-Johnson — Signed 1-year, $8M deal with Lions (roster analysis, instant analysis, press conference, Lions players react to signing, what Eagles writers/fans are saying, contract details)
- LS Jake McQuaide — Signed 1-year, $1.3M deal with Lions
- LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin — Signs with the Lions, per his agent
Players acquired via trade
Lions’ free agents
- QB Nate Sudfeld — Re-signed with the Lions
- RB Craig Reynolds — Re-signed a 1-year, $1.1M deal
- C Ross Pierschbacher (RFA) — Re-signed 1-year, $1M deal (roster impact)
- OT Matt Nelson — Re-signed 1-year, $1.3M deal (grade)
- DT Isaiah Buggs — Re-signed a 2-year $4.5M deal (contract details, roster impact, grade)
- EDGE John Cominsky — Re-signed 2-year, $8.5M deal (contract, roster impact)
- LB Alex Anzalone — Re-signed a 3-year, $18.75 M deal (roster impact, contract)
- CB Will Harris — Re-signed 1-year, $2.53M, fully guaranteed deal (roster impact, contract)
- DB C.J. Moore — Re-signed 2-year, $4.5M deal (contract details)
- K Michael Badgley — Re-signed 1-year, $1.2M deal (contract details)
Exclusive rights free agents
Future deal signings
Feature article on initial 10 signings
- RB Jermar Jefferson
- TE Derrick Deese Jr.
- WR Maurice Alexander
- WR Stanley Berryhill
- WR Tom Kennedy
- OT Obinna Eze
- OT Darrin Paulo
- DT Demetrius Taylor
- CB Jarred Williams
- CB Khalil Dorsey
- S Brady Breeze
Odds/lines subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.